Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Weekend in Guthrie

Hello Blogger Friends!

A few weekends ago my sweetie took me to Guthrie for a fun weekend getaway. We stayed the night in our favorite Bed and Breakfast - The Redstone Country Inn Bed and Breakfast. The building was many different things over the years, including a brothel during the "wild west" days in Oklahoma.
The is Jose and Perla. They are the innkeepers and they are the sweetest people you will ever meet. James and I are on a vegetarian diet and Perla made us a special breakfast to accommodate our needs. They always go above and beyond for us each time we stay. They are truly delightful people. If you ever get the chance to come to Oklahoma, you have to stay at the Redstone!!!


Our beautiful room had a big jacuzzi bathtub in it (that I never got in except here with my clothes on). I wish we would have had more time to enjoy everything!

Here is James all dressed up to take me to dinner at a wonderful Italian restaurant that we had heard so many good things about called "Roma's". The owners of the restaurant are from Italy and the food was absolutely outstanding!!! I had fettuccine with vegetables and marinara sauce. It was delicious! Perla told us to have the tiramasu but we didn't have room after dinner!

Here I am in my lovely black dress ready for a fun night on the town with my sweetie pie!

Perla took a picture of us together before we went to eat. There are two wedding chapels at the Redstone as well. Perla had them decorated for Valentine's Day and she said she had many weddings this past month. I am glad they are doing good business.

After dinner James took me to Rick's Fine Chocolates and Coffee to get something sweet and a cup of tea. We sat by the front window and shared our sweets. The whole night was such a wonderful one and it feels so good to be loved the way he loves me. I am so blessed to have James in my life. He is a wonderful, kind, loving man. He reminds me a lot of my Grandpa Jake that passed away several years ago. He is so kind and loving and would do anything for anyone if they needed help. He is a great father to his kids, he is a kind and compassionate friend to me, he is a hard worker and a dedicated volunteer with the sheriff's department, and he loves me so well. I know that he truly loves me and that is such a great feeling!

After we had our sweets we went to the Pollard Theater to catch a play. It was "The Nerd" and it was very entertaining. The cast was very good and I enjoyed the show and my time with James. The next morning we went in to Oklahoma City and James took me to my favorite candy store, then we went to the Oklahoma Art Museum. The have a great restaurant there and we shared a fantastic lunch, then we went through the museum.
This is a picture of a glass art creation done by the famous glass artist Dale Chihuly - who can only see out of one eye!!! The piece is in the foyer of the museum and it is at least 50 feet tall. It is stunning in person. It really takes your breath away!
It is so amazing to think about how on earth he got all of that glass to stay in one place. I wonder how many pieces got broken before he was done?


There were a lot of really beautiful and interesting pieces of art displayed at the museum, but my favorite was the glass art displays. James is standing in a tunnel and the ceiling is completely filled with hundreds of pieces of glass art. It is truly amazing to see!

James and I had a great weekend filled with many memories we will not soon forget. We are planning another fun weekend together soon so hopefully I will have pictures to share.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I would love your comments and feedback so please leave me some!
Blessings to you!
Love Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment