Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Miss Maggie's 10th Birthday Party

Hello Blogger Friends!

Sweet Miss Maggie had her 10th Birthday Party with me and her dad at a local skating rink in my community, where I had many a birthday myself. Here is the sweet birthday girl with her birthday cookie cake. She is quite the ballerina so ballet shoes seemed fitting for her cake.
She made a wish and . . . blew out all of the candles, almost! I hope all of her wishes and dreams come true.

Maggie's sweet sister Miss Lucie and some of her girlfriends got to go skating too. Every one of the girls had such a fun time that day.


James loves Maggie so much and he just wants to give her what she needs to grow up to be a successful, healthy, smart, kind young lady. He is the best dad to his children that I have ever known and I look forward to the day when he is the dad of my kids. And even though Maggie is not mine biologically, I still love her in my heart like she is.

Miss Maggie is a very intelligent, responsible girl and she reminds me of myself when I was her age. I know if I was 10-years-old and I knew her that we would be best friends. I am looking forward to when she is a young adult because I know we will be good friends. She is such a sweet, kind, loving, helpful little girl.


Maggie got a lot of nice gifts from her girlfriends and her dad. I know she appreciated each one.


Most of the pictures of us skating were really blurry because we were moving so fast. It didn't take me long to get a pair of skates on my feet at get out there with the girls. At first it felt funny and scary, but after a few minutes it all came back to me from the days when I was little and skated like a pro. This time it was even better though because my brain has matured enough that I actually knew what I was doing and I got to going pretty fast around the rink. Sometimes it felt just like I was flying I was going so fast and this spring of happiness was welling up inside of me. I felt so giddy and happy that day, like I was a little girl again. It was such a fun day . . . until the next morning when I couldn't walk without groaning in pain!

"Look Dad! No hands!" Miss Maggie has a great 10th birthday party at the skating rink and I was so glad I got to be a part of it. I hope both of the girls grow up knowing how much their daddy and I love them and how proud we are of the sweet, kind, lovely, intelligent young ladies they are growing up to be. If you have little girls in your life, please give them a special hug today and remind them how much you love them and how special and important they are!
Blessings to You!
Love Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment