Friday, March 4, 2011

Happy Pink Saturday!

Happy Pink Saturday Sweet Blogger Friends!

It has been a while since I have participated in a Pink Saturday. My schedule is so crazy with work, church, and my personal life that I haven't had much of an opportunity to link up lately. But here I am today and although I don't have a ton of pinks to offer (sorry ladies) I do have a sneak peak of my beautiful bird cottage to show you.
Those of you that follow my blog know I absolutely LOVE to decorate, and I decorate for every holiday and season. So it was time for me to take down all of the sweet Valentine decor and now the house is decorated for spring - not Easter (yet). That is next month! This month I wanted to pay homage to our dear feathered friends because they are the one's that let us know that spring is coming when they are perched in our trees, eating seed from our feeders, singing us lovely songs . . .
The picture above represents some of my many rose-print china. I think this little vignette screams spring. It is on my kitchen counter and there is more where that came from!

These are some little birds I made from chipboard, scrapbook paper, and embellishments. They will be ornaments for a tree branch I am painting white to put in my kitchen. there are plans to make many other kinds of ornaments. I can't wait to show you what I come up with!

This is one of 4 napkin rings I made for my spring table. It is an ivory felt bird glued on to chipboard. I added feathers under her wing for realism and gave her some embellishments. She is glued to a pale green scrapbook paper-covered chipboard ring. Aren't the plates beneath TO DIE FOR? I can't wait to show you the whole tablescape. I will post pictures soon!


Here is a sweet bird guarding her nest that is perched on my window sill in my kitchen. She reminds me every day what life is all about.
The whole house is just so sweet and springy and I can't wait to show you the whole thing!
I hope you have a blessed weekend and a Happy Pink Saturday!
Love Tammy

9 comments:

  1. That plate is gorgeous and the napkin ring that you made for it, looks wonderful! Looks like you are in a "springy" mood to craft for! Have fun doing all your projects and we'll look forward to seeing them when you are finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love birds and they are the heralds that the winter is behind us. I would love the pattern you used for your tree branch bird or is that a die? They are so pretty.
    Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those birds!

    Happy Pink to you,
    Stephanie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be still my pink lovin' heart. Might just have to love blue MORE... Maybe SOMEDAY! :)

    How you be sweets? I hope you and your momma and I can go to lunch soon!

    Love to you~

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!!! I love the pictures you posted! I love everything about your blog!!!! Simply beautiful!
    I am having so much fun with Pink Saturday! I am brand new to blogging!!! What a wonderful group of gals!!! Looking forward to getting to know you! I love your blog!! I am now following your blog...I would love to have you follow me!
    ~~~~~~Rhonda :-) ~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by - so I could find your pretties, too! Beautiful pinks and greens! I especially noticed the china. In fact, I had to look several times at your very favorite teacup and saucer set ... because I have a VERY similar Haviland Limoges set I've been planning to list in my Etsy shop. If you're interested in seeing pics, email me at myplacetoyours@gmail.com and I'll send them. I got a great deal at auction, and I'm willing to pass along the savings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tammy,
    What a lovely vignette you have put together!! Just gorgeous!!
    And what sweet birdies!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your sweet birds! They caught my eye because I recently posted photos of my paper birdhouses. Maybe your birds and my houses should get together :). Terri

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the little birds you made out of "chirp" board!!!

    ReplyDelete