Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Sweetheart!

Hello Blogger Friends! Today is my sweetheart's birthday! I wanted to do a blog post today in honor of him because I want the world to know what an amazing man he is. His name is James R. Neal, III and he lives in a small town about an hour away from me. He is the editor of the newspaper in his town and he is also a reserve Sheriff's Deputy. He delivers meals on wheels every Wednesday and he sits on many volunteer coalitions in his community. He is a very kind and generous man. I met James through my work in his community. I started a substance abuse prevention community coalition and James was part of that group. We were doing a special event for the coalition together during a car show in the fall of 2009 and after talking a bit we realized that we were both single and had been recently divorced. After the event James, very nervously, asked me if he could meet me for coffee some time and I said "yes" but then it was hard for us to find a time to do it because our schedules were so packed. After about two weeks we finally met for the first time and I was so nervous, but he was very easy to talk to. We agreed to meet again for dinner some time soon and we have been inseparable ever since! He has two little girls from his first wife and he loves them to pieces. We had them this weekend and we had lots of fun together. We took them out for pizza and roller skating on Saturday and we had a fun time! James is a very good father to his kids. He takes very good care of them and he is very loving, kind, and affectionate with them. He always makes sure they have everything they need to be taken care of. He reads them a story every night when they are with him before they go to bed. He is a sweet daddy to them and I am excited about the prospect of having my own children with him. I know he will be such a good father for our children.
James was in the United States Navy and he is a graduate of the Naval Academy. He is a very responsible, intelligent, motivated man. He is one of the few men I know with great character and integrity. When he tells you he will do something you know it will be done. He is very honest and trustworthy. His integrity is very important to him. He always tries to do his very best in everything he does.


James is a really fun guy too. I have never laughed and had so much fun as I do when I am with him. Since we have been together we have done so many fun things together - and a lot of those things have been the first time we had ever done them. We had decided that after our divorces that we were not going to sit on the sidelines of life anymore, we were going to go out and live . . . and live big! So we try to do as many fun things as our time and money will allow us to do and we love to do them together. We try to celebrate every season and holiday and every day in between because we know life is short and there is so much to experience. We want to experience it all, and it is so wonderful to have someone you love so much by your side to share that with! James is an avid sailor and he took me out on his sailboat for the first time last year. It was a wonderful day and we are excited to go out again this season!


I can't say enough about what a sweet, loving man James is to me. He and I are not married yet. We agreed to take it slow and really enjoy the dating experience first, but I know that if he asked me to marry him I would not have any reservations about saying "yes". He is such a loving, kind, respectful, helpful, trustworthy man and I would be honored to have him as my life partner. He is always doing sweet, thoughtful things for me. He is so patient with me. He is very supportive of my work and of my hobbies. He is always doing things to help me take care of my home and my huge yard. He is a really wonderful man and I love him with all of my heart.


Happy Birthday James! I hope this year is filled with abundant blessings and many new, exciting experiences for you. I look forward to sharing them all with you. I love you sweetheart!


Blessings to you!

Love Tammy

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a winner here! Please tell him Happy Birthday from one of your blogging buddies! I wish all things good for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Birthday tribute, he should be proud. Happy Birthday James.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy, what a darling tribute for James. Your sweetie sounds like a very good man and you are so right on the courtship, it should be celebrated!

    Happy Birthday to James!
    Deanna :D

    ReplyDelete