Saturday, February 18, 2012

Snow Queen Tea

Hello Blogger Friends!

Life has been so crazy and I have been really busy and very neglectful of my blog. I hate it how quickly the time goes by. I can't seem to keep up! I wanted to share some pictures of a tea party I had in January to celebrate winter. It had a "Snow Queen" theme. I decorated the house for "winter" to get ready for the tea and I just used white and ivory. The cottage was just beautiful and very serene. I made this beautiful pillow with lots of lace and sweet ivory buttons. Here is my winter tree that is still up from Christmas. I have decided I am going to leave it up all year long and decorate it for each season. I used white and silver decorations only and added a lot of pretty snowflakes of all different shapes, sizes, and textures. It really glowed in the evening when I plugged in the white twinkle lights.




Here is the place setting for the tea party. I used silver chargers that had snowflakes on them, crystal dinner plates, and white salad plates with snowflakes on them to dress up my settings. I made a place card and a winter tussie mussie cone favor for each guest. You can see a close up of that later!


Here is my place card. Each one has an image of a lady that I made in to a Snow Queen by adding a silver crown and paper banner to. I had so much fun making these things! They turned out so pretty!!!

Here is another place card for my friend Dena that attended my tea party. I love her tutu!

All of the food at the tea had a winter theme. I made these beautiful snowflake sugar cookies and decorated them with "snow" sprinkles and sugar snowflakes.




Here is the party favor that everyone got. I made the cone from glittery white scrapbook paper and then decorated it. I added a Snow Queen tiara and wand that I added snowflakes and other embellishments on to. I also tucked a bad of yogurt-covered raisins in the cone for a sweet but healthy treat for later. I tied the cellophane bags with sweet silver ribbons.

Here is the dining room all dressed up for my Snow Queen tea party. It is just waiting for the guests to arrive to enjoy our time of fellowship and wonderful winter treats.

The snowflake cupcakes were a big hit! When they were finished and I put them on the tray I couldn't believe I had actually made them from scratch myself because they were so beautiful. I could have sworn they had come from a fancy bakery. My mom got my a great icing tool for Christmas and that made a huge difference. I made the picks from scrapbook paper and gem embellishments, then glued them on toothpicks. I loved decorating these cupcakes with all kinds of white or sparkly treats. The silver dragees were gorgeous!



My guests were the best part of the tea party. My Snow Queen mama is posing for the camera with her tiara and wand in hand!

We always have such a good time when we are together. I really love having these tea parties just so I can spend some special time with her. She has taught me so much about love and life and I am so blessed to have her.

Here is my sweet friend Dena! I was so glad she got to come to the tea. We work together now but we have been friends for a long time. We are soul sisters and I love her for being the awesome, uplifting, encouraging, beautiful lady she is.

I hope you have enjoyed my lovely Snow Queen tea party and I hope I have inspired you to have a tea of your own! Just pick a theme and get busy decorating and cooking. It is worth the effort when everyone is around the table enjoying themselves and each other.


I hope you have a wonderful day!

Many Blessings to You!
Love Tammy

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. So glad you posted it. I had such a good time and as always you went above and beyond in your beautiful decorations and hospitality. I am so glad you are my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy,
    I love all of your Winter decor and your tree is to die for! I am really going to leave that white tree up after Christmas next year now!
    Such a lovely Tea and you and your friend and your sweet Mom look lovely! I am so glad that I could comment now as I didn't want you to think that I wasn't stopping by...

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete