Sunday, January 15, 2012

It's a New Year . . .

And the month is half over!!! I can't believe how quickly the time flies! I have some lovely creations to show you that I have made recently. This is an ornament I made for my sweet mama. It says "A Happy New Year" across the angel's front. I used chipboard, scrapbook paper, that beautiful angel image, and some beautiful glass glitter to dress it up.

Isn't this a lovely scene! I took a nice gift box that my brother gave me for Christmas (it had a beautiful ivory scarf in it) and covered it with music paper. I embellished it with a cardboard house and trees (that used to be green) then I covered the whole thing in mica. I also decorated those trees next to the box on the table. Those trees (and 60 others!!!) got a treatment of bleaching, painting, glitter or mica, and ornaments. I think I need to go in to business!!!

Here is a close-up of the top of the box. I think it is so beautiful. I am thinking of adding some snow. What do you think?

Here is another ornament I made to celebrate the New Year. I am so in love with how it turned out! Isn't the soaring bird embellishment just perfect?

Here is a closer view with a little more detail.

I made this ornament for my pretty "holiday" tree that I am going to leave up in my kitchen. It has white and silver ornaments all over it right now. It is celebrating the season of winter and it has all kinds of different snowflake ornaments on it. I will show you pictures soon!





I made a banner for the New Year and hung it on my curtain rod in my dining area. Those stars have clothes pins behind them and that is what I used to attach the banner to the curtain rod. Pretty clever, huh?

I made this cool little fellow out of clay and then I covered him with mica. I really love how he turned out. He is standing in one of the openings of the post office box shelf I recently transformed. Each opening has something in it that represents winter. You'll get to see it soon, too.



Mr. Snowman's banner says "WINTER". It was a nightmare trying to dig clear letters from a mixed bag of assorted colors. I had all kinds of random letters and had to try to come up with a word that would be fitting. I wanted to do "snow" but didn't have the letters for it. I think it turned out ok!

I moved my "wish" sign I made at Christmas in to the bathroom and redecorated this shelf. Here are some more of those trees I redid. I have since added artificial snow to that shelf and it looks much better.

I made this banner last weekend to hang on a mirror in my hallway. I love how sweet and wintry it turned out! I used small resin Christmas ornaments and painted them ivory. They were brown and copper when I bought them and they were not going to work!

I made another banner a few days ago and a BEAUTIFUL white pillow that is to die for yesterday! I am having a "Snow Queen" tea party to celebrate winter next weekend and I can't wait to share all of these things with you! Then it's on to VALENTINE'S DAY! It is by far my favorite holiday of the year (with Christmas being a very close second) so I know I will be making pretty things like crazy here in the next week!


I hope you all enjoyed your Christmas and you had a happy New Year celebration. I wish you a blessed, healthy, prosperous New Year. I can't wait to see what is in store for us! I know it will be good!


Blessings to You!

Love Tammy

4 comments:

  1. So beautiful...each one with such an ethereal peace to them. I love your winter decor and white winter tree with ornaments. Sparkles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dear Tammy, I say you should go into business, I want to place my order now, I want the pretty box with the house..... and the cute snowman.....lol
    Ohhh and I say add the snow.....haha!!!
    It all soooo beautiful :)

    xo~Mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Tammy! I love the decorations for you & that gorgeous birthday cake. Yum! You & Mother look gorgeous!!!

    What beautiful creations above yo have made. Just wonderful. You are so talented.

    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Tammy Sweetie...
    Oh how gorgeous your share is. I love your New Years decorations and this little snowman of love is just darling. I would love to see a tutorial on this. He is so fresh.

    Loved seeing the photo of you and your gorgeous Momma on her blog. You look so pretty, and always with that beautiful smile of yours. Your home is so decked out. Loved seeing the decorations, and your b-day cake looks so yummy. I could smell it clear out here in Phoenix.

    Do you have your sweet gal all decked out by the door for Valentine's Day? They are having a dress form party at:
    http://thepolkadotcloset.blogspot.com/ you must pop over and enter your beautiful gal. I am going to get mine in there in a day or so. I have still been trying to figure out what she needs first.

    Have a glorious week sweet friend. Again Happy Birthday (belated) but better late than never. You look so beautiful sweetie. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete