Friday, June 17, 2011

Big News!

Happy Pink Saturday my Sweet Friends!

Ok, I just can't stand it any longer. I have to tell you my big news! After two years of dating James finally proposed and I'M ENGAGED!!! So now we are planning a wedding! I am so happy and so very excited. James had a wonderful weekend planned out for us to make his big proposal. He was going to take me to a beautiful bed and breakfast in Oklahoma City and he arranged for a special dinner to be prepared just for me at the B&B. He said he was going to proposed to me in his sailboat on the water as the sun was setting and then take me back to the B&B for that special dinner he had arranged. I missed out on all of it (I'm getting teary-eyed) because I got sick the night before we were supposed to leave. So I recuperated in my bed alone that night and he came over the next day to be with me and one of my favorite songs was playing on the radio. It is the song called "Marry Me" by the group Train and he got down on one knee in my living room and pulled out a beautiful ring from his pocket. He told me he loved me and asked me to marry him. It was a very tender and intimate moment. I was not expecting it and he was very nervous. I said "yes" and he put the ring on my finger and we embraced. i can't wait to show you the pictures of the beautiful ring he designed just for me. He worked with a jeweler for six months to get it right! It is one of a kind and very unique, just like my sweet James.
So now I have wedding on the brain! I've been looking at tons of pictures of all things wedding. I know I want to do pink and ivory, so how about a dress like this?

Or what do you think of this one? It's a bit much for me but I love the color!!!

And maybe a cake like this? It's covered in edible pink glitter! Really!

Or maybe this one instead. This definitely looks more like my style. Aren't these roses to die for! They are absolutely stunning!!!

And I love these shabby cabbage roses for decorations. So pretty!

Here are a few beautiful pink wedding buffets. They have such great ideas!



This bridal bouquet is just gorgeous and I hope I can have one just like it. I like the darker pinky mauve roses because the wedding will be in September so a lighter pink might not be appropriate.



If any of you ladies know of great blogs or websites where I can get some great ideas on pink weddings I would love the help! I hope you have a great weekend! I am spending the day with my sweet mom making homemade wedding invitations while enjoying on some hot tea, strawberry muffins, and relaxing music. Thank you to Beverly for hosting Pink Saturday again this week. I hope you enjoy all of the great pink posts there.


Blessings to you!


Love Tammy

10 comments:

  1. TAMMY!!!!

    I am so excited and thrilled for you and James!! What a fantastic couple you make and I wish you a wonderful Happy life together!!

    I think any season is appropriate for Pink so if you want light pink , go for it!!

    I bet your Mom is overjoyed!!

    Congrats to you and James!!!
    Can't wait to see the ring!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm over the moon happy for your Tammy. I sooo hope that me and my Mr. AGPMan will get to be invited. :) Hint Hint Hint

    I know your momma must be thrilled, too. You look so happy with James... What a blessing.

    Now...go to my blog today for a sweet idea. You can do this! :)

    Love you girly~

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! I am so happy for you! That dessert table is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! You will be dreaming about flowers, food, cakes, things you haven't done...but it is so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Tammy, I am so glad that I was able to get on here and see your news! Congratulations and the very best of wishes to you and to James. I'm so excited for you and you will make an absolutely beautiful bride no matter what you chose to wear. Can't wait to see the pictures. I tried to comment on your mom's post, but Blogger would not let me in, so tell her to have fun helping you plan the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank goodness we do not have the same taste. I really would not care for either of those dresses. Just simply too much for my taste. I trust after two y ears, you both should know if this is the right move. I wish you much happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy lst blog-aversary, Tammy!

    AND, Happy Engagement!! To you both. I know your Mother is dancing jigs for sure ... as you both are.
    It is such an exciting time ... go pink. I did 50 years ago, against all trends & every person I know ... with NO regrets. What fun you are going to have.

    Blessings & prayers be showered upon you both.
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congradulations. I am so happy for you.
    The second dress is just wonderful I think. I love that they are bringing color into the wedding more and more. My niece wore a white dress that had a cowl neck in burgandy velvet that run down the back and made the train. It was a Christmas wedding and was beautifuyl.

    I say go for pink.

    Again congrates to the happy couple.
    Karan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!! I am so happy for y'all.
    Have you set the date yet?

    ReplyDelete