Monday, January 24, 2011

My Winter Cottage Living Room

Hello Blogger Friends!

The chill of winter and the beginning of a brand new year provide the perfect opportunity for me to decorate, or maybe it's undecorate, in shades of white and silver. And so, a few weeks ago, I put the finishing touches on my sweet cottage and took these great pictures to share with you once again.
Just about everything in the room is white or ivory with accents of silver.

The room is crisp and clean, like starting with a clean slate. It will be completely transformed soon for Valentine's Day and there will be a lot more color. But I like the fact that there isn't much color and not a whole lot going on right now because it's very calming, peaceful, and serene. It is a time to reflect on things to come in the new year without so much clutter and other distractions.


I love how the fireplace mantle turned out again! It is always my favorite to decorate!

Here is the shelf above the television. I had a lot of fun hanging the snowflakes from the ceiling. They add some drama to this vignette!


This is a house and tree I painted and decorated for Christmas a few years ago but they were just the perfect fit for my snowy winter cottage.

Isn't the fireplace so pretty! I just love how it turned out!


The white and silver make such a pretty combination to help decorate and celebrate the cold winter months.

I find so much fulfillment from decorating my home. It seems that the more I do it the better I get and the more I enjoy it. Sometimes I look back at old photographs I have taken of previous attempts to decorate and have to laugh at myself. I have come a long way, baby!


I made this wreath from a foam wreath base and wrapped a white boa around it, then glittered the roses and foam snowballs and glued them on. It was fun and easy to make and it is so beautiful displayed on my door!

Here is Miss Molly in an elegant evening gown that is the perfect shade for the season. I have only worn this dress a few times but I hope to wear it more when the weather warms up a bit!
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my beautiful winter cottage living room. I will post some pictures of the kitchen soon!
Blessings to You!
Love Tammy









3 comments:

  1. So serene & elegant ... I love the entire decor.
    Pop over for our Valentine GIVEAWAY

    Have a beauatiful eve ~
    TTFN ~
    Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammy,
    Gosh, I just got caught up on all of your posts !! LOVELY !! I can't believe how you change it ALL up !! Very beautiful !! I'm with you loving all the crisp white, creams and silver .. Soo very calming and soothing to the soul .. You have added just the right touches .. very talented you are .. sooo FuN to take peeks around each corner ..

    Sooo happy all is well, and you and Momma are taking time to craft treasures together .. I just recieved my banner she made, and I LoVe it !! Have FuN playing sweet one .. Have a blessed, happy rest of your week ~
    HuGs ~TeA~ xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy, your living room looks so pretty. We are in the middle of redoing alot in our house and I took a few ideas from you. I love your white and silver and I am incorporating more silver in my pink living room. Very pretty job you have done.

    ReplyDelete