Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My Fall Cottage

Hello Blogger Friends!

I can't believe there are only 38 days left in this year! Where did the time go? It seems like just yesterday we were coloring Easter eggs. So fall is upon us now and winter will soon be knocking on our door. I took all of the cute Halloween decorations down and packed them into their special plastic bins, hauled them up to my perfectly organized attic and got the fall decorations down so I could adorn my sweet Oklahoma cottage in the appropriate style to celebrate this wonderful season of . . .
I took some paper mache letters and covered them with beautiful fall scrapbooking paper, then added a beautiful garland of fall leaves to decorate this shelf.

You can see from this picture that things have changed. No more black and white! And Miss Molly (my mannequin) got a new place in the room. She is now the official door greeter, waiting to welcome you when you walk through the front door.

I love the way decorations can completely transform a room. I had so much fun decorating this sweet fall cottage. Every nook and cranny got a pumpkin or leaf or something to make it feel more like fall inside.

My fireplace mantle is just stunning this year. I wish you could see it in person. I put orange Christmas lights underneath the decor and when you turn off all the lights a soft amber glow is emitted from this foliage. It is so much prettier in person!

I had quite a collection of pumpkins this year and my favorites are made from taffeta fabric. They are on this table with the ivory doily. They are so beautiful!


Here is Miss Molly all decked out for the fall. My mom gave me this sweet dress and I added some embellishments for the season. I made the roses from ribbon that adorn her hat. Isn't she lovely?

The kitchen got a fall makeover too. The rooms usually get cleared out until they are bare and I add pieces back in as I decorate. It is so much fun to have a new space to live in by being creative with your design!

Even the tops of the cabinets got some new decor. I just love how it all turned out!

My little cottage is so sweet and cozy, especially in the fall because of all the warm, inviting colors we get to use. I can't wait to get home from work every night to play and rest in my sweet nest.

Here is the dining room table and the china hutches. They are just as sweet as the rest of the house! I especially love the dishes I used for the tablescape.

Don't you just love these sweet turkey plates? I used a round fall place mat, a gold charger, a Rose Point dinner plate, and that sweet turkey plate to finish the ensemble. So lovely!


Here is the hutch that holds my Rose Point china collection, well most of it anyway! It is always so fun to try to come up with creative ways to decorate everything so it all works together.

The larger china hutch usually holds my seasonal dishes and then other decor to fill in. This season's china is some brown transferware that was made in England. I think it is called "stagecoach" because it has a stagecoach scene on it. I think they are beautiful!

The china blends in perfectly with the other fall decor and garlands of leaves. I think everything turned out so lovely in my sweet fall cottage this year!

I hope you have enjoyed seeing my sweet Oklahoma cottage all decorated up for the fall. I had so much fun and I hope I have inspired you in some way. Please let me know what you think!
Oh, and it might be a good idea for you to stand back come November 26th because I will be pulling the pin on the Christmas grenade! Plenty of pictures will be coming soon! I can't wait!!!
Blessing to you!
Love Tammy

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tammy:

    It's all so warm and inviting. Your "nest" is perfect!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
    Roselle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammy. I've so enjoyed looking at your lovely photos. I'm going to copy your idea of decorating for the Seasons in the kitchen! I love your Fall decorations and dishes. Cool!

    ReplyDelete