Friday, July 29, 2011

Happy Pink Saturday!

Hello Friends!
I wanted to share some of the projects I have completed recently with you today! I bought these picture frame key rings for $1 from a discount catalog about 5 years ago and forgot I had them. I decided to give them a makeover and hang them on my sweet pink tree in my kitchen. I took the key rings off of the frames and gave each one a hook so they would hang on the tree.

Then they got a nice coat of white paint and some sanding when the paint dried. I inserted some sweet images that would match with the theme of the tree and they were done!

They were so easy to make and they are just adorable!!! It's amazing what you can do with a little creativity! I also hand-painted two dozen of those sweet teapot ornaments you see beside the picture frame ornament especially for this tree!

Here is the whole pink tree all dressed up for a summer tea party. In Oklahoma we are resorting to having our tea parties indoors this summer because it hasn't been below 100 degrees here since May. Everything in my yard is crispy!

I've been busy making some of those daring faux cakes that you see on the table too. I will show you a close up of each one! What a lovely side table ready for afternoon tea!I bought these candle holders several years ago and painted them white last weekend. Now they are just gorgeous. Don't you love how ornate they are?

Here are the close up pictures of the tea cakes I made from styrofoam, light weight spackle, embellishments, and glitter. I think they turned out so darling! This is my favorite one. It is supposed to be a wedding tea cake. Aren't the little white doves just precious?Here is my second-favorite tea cake. I love the rose on this cake. They're too pretty to eat!

I love the criss-cross pattern of "frosting" on this tea cake. It looks like the real thing!

This tea cake reminds me of Mary Englebright. I think it is because of the bright pink roses. It is too cute!

Here is the big mama cake I made. I purchased a cake stand from Rebecca a few years ago and it has been sitting bare lately so I decided she needed a cake, and she needed one that would last longer than a week and not grow mold all over the top. This is the perfect cake for the most beautiful shabby pink cake stand. I am so happy! My tea table is finally complete! I am, however, making plans to make some faux cookies, cupcakes, and candies to add to the table soon.

I have been working on creating some beautiful paper flowers that my mom, Ginger, taught me to make. I am using the pages of an old book I found at an antique store for $2 and then adding glitter and embellishments. I am having so much fun with these things! I am going to make a bunch of them and glue clips and/or magnets on the back and give them out when I give gifts to my friends. I will show you how they turned out soon!


I want to thank Beverly for hosting another Pink Saturday event for us. I hope you have a great weekend and a Happy Pink Saturday!


Blessings to You!

Love Tammy

15 comments:

  1. Oh Tammy your creations are just so yummy!! I love the little charm/frames and what you did with them. I love finding something that I have had for years and then coming up with a brilliant idea to give it a new lease on life.
    A beautiful post today!
    Have a happy Pink Saturday..xo Tami

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a talented and creative lady you are. All the things you shared today are simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HPS!

    Well, they look quite real...now I want cake so bad!


    Gabriela

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just beautiful! You have the creative touch. Enjoyed stopping by.
    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME!, Tammy. I love this idea. Where did you find them ... cute touch!
    Have a beautiful PS weekend ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tea party looks lovely. I adore the transformation you made with the little heart charms. Be still my heart with your Pretty in Pink tree! Summer Sunshine Smiles and may you have cooler temps very soon...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a talented lady you are! Lovely tea party. Looks so great. Thanks for sharing:)
    Hope to see you on my blog:)
    HPS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tammy,
    I was wondering where you were and now I see what you have been up to!!
    LOVE all of your sweet creations and everything looks so pretty!!

    You are so talented but I know where you inherited that (wink)!! LOL!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable and lovely as always! You are so creative and everything you make is just as cute as can be. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tammy, your 'cakes' are wonderful! The tea setting is lovely and very inviting. I live in SE Texas, so I understand about not being able to enjoy summer outside. With soaring temps. and high humidity..well, need I say more?

    Everything's coming up roses in your cottage home. I also like how you turned the frames into lovely shabby chic white...perfect ornaments.

    Enjoy the day,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  11. From your tree with its ornaments to your lovely cakes.....I love all your pinks. Your cakes are darling and, I'd say, the best cakes to have in the house.....no calories.
    :-)
    Thank you for sharing. I look forward to seeing your cookies.
    Wishing you a pinkishly beautiful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cakes look amazing! I wouldn't have known they weren't real!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Following you from Pink Saturday. The cakes look lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautifully creative! You have a real talent - eapecially with the gorgeous cake!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well now I am your newest follower, Lady you are so creative!! I would love to know how you make these, you should do a little tutorial.:*~:*~:*~:*~:*~:*~
    I am keeping my eye on you....just so I can make gorgeous and pretty things!! what a beautiful blog. You're lucky to have an awesome mommy!!
    ~~Wendy

    ReplyDelete