Friday, July 30, 2010

Tea By The Sea

Hello Blogger Friends!
I wanted to share with you a wonderful spur-of-the-moment tea party I held on June 17th. The tea party theme was "Tea By the Sea" since my house was perfectly decorated for the occasion. I called the people I love most and invited them to come, then I sat down and made out a menu. I threw together some ideas for my table scape and everything turned out just perfectly! I was surprised that I could pull it off with less than a week of planning! You can see in the picture below all of the goodies we indulged ourselves in. The menu included:
Mini Spinach and Cheese Pastries
Fresh Fruit Kabobs
Coconutty Marshmallows with Chocolate Dipping Sauce
White Chocolate Chunk Macadamia Nut Cookies
Mom's Marvelous S'mores Scones
Lemon Curd
Tropical Trail Mix
Seaside Cooler
Hot Tea
For place cards I purchased large seashells from a craft supply store and wrote my guests names on them with blue glitter glue. I wrapped a piece of turquoise blue ribbon around a tealight candle and glued a small shell to the ribbon. I placed the lit tealight candle in each shell and it made the table "glow" with beauty.

The table turned out so lovely. I love the cool blue and white. It looks so fresh and clean. I really enjoyed this tea party and it came together so quickly and easily!


I was so thankful that my dear family and friends could make it to my party. They are the whole reason I love doing tea parties. This is my sweet friend Dena that I have known for at least 10 years. She and I met through work and I am so thankful I met her. She is a very loving and wise friend that has helped me through a lot of tough times in the past, as has my mom who is sitting beside her. I am so thankful for these strong, loving women in my life!


My mom has taught me everything I know about crafting and entertaining. I am so thankful for her example and her love in my life. I am also so thankful that we share the same taste in most things and we always have such a fun time together.


My sweet grandma Mary is also an inspiration to me. She has also taught me so much, especially about love because she is one of the most loving women I know. I love to hear her tell us stories of when she was a young girl and what things were like back then. She has been through so many hard times but still she is so loving and giving. I know I take after her in that respect and I am so thankful for her and for my mom for being a good example to me.

I loved spending time with these extraordinary women in my life and it was such a fun time sharing stories and such tasty food and drink. My mom's scones were the biggest hit at Tea By the Sea. My mom's scones are the most heavenly thing you will ever put in your mouth. These scones tasted just like a S'more! I am not kidding! They were so delicious! She left the leftovers at my house and they only lasted one day. Every time I went into the kitchen I had to put one in my mouth! I hope she will make me s'more!!!

I hope you have enjoyed Tea By the Sea! I am already planning my next tea party for when it cools off here in Oklahoma. It will be an "Alice in Wonderland" theme and I know it will be so fun! I hope you will join me!
Many Blessings To You My Sweet Blogger Friends!
Love Tammy

4 comments:

  1. The turquoise color you used for your table setting is so pretty and your even dressed the part to match.... now that is so cute. I love it! Turquoise is a very lovely color and blends in with so many other colors as well.

    You mention your mom and yourself having the same taste... now that is nice. My mom and I used to be that way too.... in fact we would buy the same things when we would go out shopping. My mom died about seven years ago and I miss her so much.. Those were the good old days for me... and I cherished them so much. Nothing like having a wonderful relationship with your mom and also your precious Grandmother.

    Have a Great Day*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy,
    What a beautiful table you created for all the wonderful women in your life!!
    You are very much like your sweet Mom who is such a wonderful person and someone I am very proud to call my friend!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely table you set. I know that your guests certainly enjoyed the fruits of your efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too sweet. Thank you for all the lovely things you said about me. I always look forward to your wonderful teas. They are the highlight of my life, they are always so special and you do everything perfectly. Love you sweety. Can't wait for the Alice in Wonderland Tea. Had a great time with you today.

    ReplyDelete